Friday, July 2, 2021

Friday FOs - 02.07.2021

Well, I forgot to post my finished objects last week so I have two weeks of finished objects to show off this week, and here they are. 

Comfort Bear No 23 for this year 

I managed to finish another bear last week. 

Dog Coat

This dog coat isn't technically finished but I have finished my part. The owner of the dog is going to buy the Velcro and sew it on. Hopefully, when it is all done, I will get a photo of the dog wearing it and be able to show you the finished article. 

The base of a bag. 

A while ago my ex asked me how I would go about making a rectangle with diagonal rows. I told her how I would do it but, as usual, she didn't really listen to me and messed it up so I decided to make one as a proof of concept, and this was the result and, rather than undo it, I decided to make it the base of a bag. 

The bag with the diagonal striped base. 

Here is the bag. 

For those that would like to know how it is done, I will now explain. 

Start with 4 ch. Do 4 treble (US dc) into the first ch.  To increase at the start of a row do 3 ch and 2 tr into the tr at the base of the ch. To increase at the end of the row do 2 tr in the 3rd ch of the previous row's starting ch. To decrease at the start of the row do 2 ch and a 2tr cluster in the next 2 tr. To decrease at the end of the row do a 2 tr cluster in the last 2 tr leaving the ch. To make the rectangle, increase at both ends until you have the width you want. Keep increasing at one end while decreasing at the other until you have the length you want then decrease at both ends until you have 4 tr plus starting ch left. Do 2 ch then a 3 tr cluster in the next 3 tr. 

If these instructions aren't clear to you then that would explain why my ex messed up. 

That's all I have for you for this week. Until next time, have a good one. 

Richard. 

2 comments:

  1. Clear instructions. Great looking bag! Now finds me some time... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richard. Please could I have the comfort bears pattern again... 🤗🙏

    ReplyDelete