Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Week That Was 03.11.2012

It has been another busy week here in Rose Manor, topped off by spending time at the Albury Show. Unfortunately, I'm still way behind in my study and it's starting to look like I won't be able to complete all the work in time so I'm working on doing as much as possible to give myself a head start for next semester.

It seem I made a small mistake with last night's post as I didn't just win the 3 first place prizes but also a second place prize. I didn't get a photo of the item in situ with its prize ticket but it was the "Squares in Squares" Blanket.

Squares in Squares blanket as previously shown in an FO Friday post
This means that 4 out of the 6 items that I entered received prizes.

Since I have reviewed my to-do list in quite a while I figured it was time to do so, so here it is.


Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Bottle Cosies in more team colours
2 String bags
Teapot Cosies
Fan Bookmark
Tea Towels
bag holders
Medium jug covers
Sunhat and booties (white)
Tommy Turtle
Koala
Owl
Pineapple Angel Bookmark
Dragon (the one I'm currently making is already spoken for)

Current Work In Progress:

Rose Clan Dress Tartan Rug
Crochenit Cot Blanket (trying a method for doing rows that are longer than the hook)
Toddlers Jacket
Jumper (sweater to you Americans) for me
Dragon (Freshstitches Pattern)
AustralianaV2
Charity Blanket (got given a half finished blanket and now I'm finishing it)
Bottle Cosies in Black and White (a couple of ladies showed an interest last time I was in Myrtleford)

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Crochenit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Crocheted Slocks
Something from my "99 Granny Squares" book
Something in Tunisian Crochet Lace (I'm thinking of modifying Ellen's Jacket pattern by substituting a lace stitch in the main body of the pattern)
Something from Ellen's new book.
A doily from an old pattern book I bought.
Banner for Stall
Table Runners for each Australian state and territory (current;y trying to design the ACT one).
Tunisian Crochet Intarsia Table Runner
Spiral Blanket (saw one on the internet and figured I could have a go at it without the pattern)
Dinosaurs (just bought the pattern from PlanetJune)

The charity blanket is almost finished and I now have the wool to finish my jumper so I will hopefully be able to get working on some of these things that have been idle for a while.

I think that is all the news for this week.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment