Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday 27.02.2013

This week has been a bit different as we had another trip away, but this time it was 4 nights. Sue and I had dental appointments in Sydney (a long way to go to see the dentist but it actually works out cheaper, even with the accommodation bill) so we decided to spend the weekend with friends and family by stopping over in Canberra and then Bomaderry, so I haven't spent a lot of time at home working on my major projects as some of them are a little to big to travel.

We have also done a little bit of shopping in preparation for our trip later this year and I have a new camera to play with.  I figured out three things with this new camera today. Firstly, I don't have to get so far away from my larger items to fit them into the frame as it has a wider lens than the old one. Secondly, the zoom lens means that I no longer have to bend down to get close up shots of the smaller items, and thirdly, the photos are too big to be able to load all of them into my computers memory at one time (16 megapixels for the new camera as opposed to 3.1 megapixels for the old) and trying to do so will give the computer severe problems. I had all six photos loaded into my image editing software this afternoon and the poor computer almost ground to a complete stop.

So, all these problems aside, here are the unfinished objects that I have worked on this week as well as a couple of items from Sue.

Crochenit Cot Blanket
Just a couple more rows have been added to this one.

Woollen Baby Blanket - Square 51 of 99 Granny Squares
 I managed to complete another square including all the sewing in of ends.

AustralianaV2 - Designed by me
Started on the first of the floral emblems (but can't remember off hand what it is) and a swan as well as continuing with the flag pole.

Toddler's Jacket - Zoom by Ellen Gormley (GoCrochet)
Finished the first sleeve and started on the second.

And now for items that Sue has been working on this week.

Knitted Diamond Baby Blanket
I believe she is up to the border so it shouldn't be long before she finishes this.

Knitted Baby's Bootees
This seems to be one of her favourite projects at the moment. They're something small that she can do pretty much anywhere. The only thing she had a problem with was keeping the tension right while casting off, she found that a little too difficult to do in the car. These are pretty much finished so you should see them again on Friday. I just need to find some ribbon to thread through for the final touch.

I actually finished a couple of items last week but didn't post them because of the trip but I will be posting photos this Friday so do come back. In the meantime, check out the links in the sidebar to see what everyone else is doing.

Richard.

1 comment:

  1. How creative Richard! Thank you for sharing and visiting my blog!

    Christine
    Seasons of Marie

    ReplyDelete