Monday, December 30, 2019

Monday Mayhem - 2019, The Year That Was.

Since we're coming to the end of the year I thought it was time to do a wrap up of what I have achieved this year. I will start with the projects that I have finished.

These are the objects that I have completed this year.

52 Comfort Bears
9 Sheep
4 Ducks of various colours
A Blue Horse
A Purple Cat
A White Dog
A Gold Fish
A Brown Bear
3 Blankets
6 Shopping Bags with Pouch
5 Shopping Bags without Pouch

That is a total of 84 finished objects.

Looking back at the blog it seems that I was more productive in the first month of the year and in the last couple of months than in the middle of the year. The only projects I managed to finish in the middle of the year were comfort bears.

My to-do list looks like this :-

Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Matinee Jackets in pink and purple
Tiny Dogs
Heather Hippo
Large Witch
Large Penguin
Small Rabbit
Panda
Frog Keepsake Pouch
Ankylosaurus
Bottle Cosies in more team colours (Bulldogs, Geelong, Essendon and West Coast)
Medium Bunny
Tiny Duck
Large Bunny
Small Turtles
Platypus x 2
Koala x 2
Tommy Tortoise
Towel Toppers (Tea Towels)
Small Jug Covers
Large Jug Covers
Simple Owls
Animals from "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do You See?" which include:-
A red bird (made one)
A yellow duck (made one)
A Blue horse
A green frog
A Purple cat
A white dog
A black sheep and
A gold fish

Current Work In Progress:

Comfort Bears
Yarn Eater (Hungarian Crochet) Blanket
Story Time Blanket
Double Knit Butterfly Blanket
Corner to Corner Picture Blanket
Sunhat and Bootees in white & pink
Short rows knitted scarf
Sheep of all colours
Shopping Bags with Pouch
Lounge Chair Cover

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Crochenit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Table Runners for each Australian state and territory (currently trying to design the ACT one).
Tunisian Crochet Intarsia Table Runner
Picture Blanket (need samples so people can see what they might be getting)
Article in Broomstick Lace
Article in Hairpin Lace
More dinosaurs

On a different note, my weight loss hasn't gone to plan. At 127.9kg I think I have actually gained weight this year. 

The only other thing of note that has happened this year is my change of status and income. The government, in its infinite wisdom, decided that I wasn't doing enough for my ex-wife to qualify as her carer. This has meant that I have taken a pay cut and have had to adjust my spending accordingly. 

I'm not sure what the new year has in store for me but I do hope things improve. I don't make New Years Resolutions as they are too hard to keep. I do have plans for the year which mainly involve crochet and losing weight but I will try and take one day at a time. I wish all my readers a happy and prosperous new year. 

Richard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment