Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wednesday WIPS - 25.02.2015

My WIP count is down this week even though I feel that I have been just as productive as last week. I have made a couple more drink bottle cosies and my trauma teddy for this week is well under way (check back on Friday to see those). My biggest problem has been the square for the Moogly CAL which I worked on this week, it was complicated.

Here are my WIPs for this week.

Thursday afternoon, after finishing last week's trauma teddy, I decided to work on the Shy Butterfly Baby Jacket in 8 ply.

Shy Butterfly Baby Jacket in 8 ply
I only got a couple of rows done and I intended to work on it over the weekend but that didn't happen.

At Friday morning crochet class I worked on my latest woollen baby blanket while trying to teach my student (yes, there was only one) the edging she was trying to do for a doily she had. We decided that she should try and practice the stitches she needed for the doily on something that needed a thicker cotton as it is very difficult to get tension right on longer stitches while working in 40 cotton for the first time. I did still manage to added a few octagons to the blanket anyway.

Woollen Baby Blanket
Friday afternoon I started on the latest square for the Moogly CAL that I had decided to join at the beginning of the year. I only picked up the pattern that morning and had hoped that I could have it finished that evening. I finished it Sunday evening. One reason I joined this CAL was that it looked like it might challenge me, I just didn't realise that part of that challenge was going to be interpreting the pattern. This square was quite a challenge, especially the edging.

Moogly CAL Square #4
This square has turned out a little bigger than my other squares and I'm not sure how that is going to work out when it comes time to sew them all together but I'm hoping that blocking will take care of most of the differences and it will all work out in the end. Other wise, I may have to do more of this square and make a blanket just using this pattern.

That's it from me until Friday. As usual, check out the links in the sidebar to see what other people have been working on.

Richard.

1 comment: