Monday, November 9, 2015

Monday Mayhem - Show Wrapup and Other Stuff

First, the show wrapup, which I meant to post this last week but I kinda got distracted and forgot.

I had seven items entered this year. In previous years I have won multiple prizes but this year I only won one. The woollen baby blanket was judged second in its category. While it is a little disappointing to only win one prize I suppose it is better than not winning anything  (which I'm sure some people did).

Spending time in the craft pavilion gave me the opportunity to spend a bit more time on the story time blanket so I made good progress on that last week. I don't expect to be able to work on it much outside of crochet class on a Friday morning as it is too heavy to have on my lap over summer. Unfortunately, there are only four weeks left of this term before we begin our Christmas break.

Now for the other stuff.

Sales haven't been particularly good lately but I may have an order for some graduation owls. I received a message through my shop from someone who wants four of them but they want them in Brisbane by the 17th. I don't think I can make that deadline but I plan on making them anyway. I have let the person know when I think I could have them delivered and am now waiting to hear back from them.

In the meantime, I thought it might be time to show you my to-do list, since I haven't posted it for a while.

Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Bottle Cosies in more team colours
Teapot Cosies
bag holders
Jacket, Pants and Hat sets
Sunhat and Bootees in white & pink
Matinee Jackets in pink and purple
Tiny Dog
Heather Hippo
Large Witch
Large Penguin
Shopping Bags
More dinosaurs
Small Rabbit
Large Jug Covers

Current Work In Progress:

Toddlers' Rugby Pullover Trauma Teddies
Tunisian Spiral Blanket
Yarn Eater (Hungarian Crochet) Blanket
Story Time Blanket
Moogly CAL Blanket
Double Knit Butterfly Blanket
Corner to Corner Picture Blanket
Shopping Bags
Bamboo Stitch Beanie
Graduation Owls



Things I'm itching to get started on:

Crochenit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Crocheted Slocks
Table Runners for each Australian state and territory (currently trying to design the ACT one).
Tunisian Crochet Intarsia Table Runner
Article in Broomstick Lace
Article in Hairpin Lace

This to-do list isn't getting any shorter.

That's it from me for now.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment