Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WIP Wednesday 20.03.2013

Well, things seem to be returning to some sort of normality here at Rose Manor. I have been quite productive, managing to not only work on all my WIPs but to also start two new ones (I know, I'm a sucker for punishment). Here are all the projects that I worked on this week.

Tunisian Spiral Blanket
This is one that I have wanted to start on ever since someone on the Yahoo Tunisian Group posted a link to the pattern. I didn't actually buy the pattern as it was easy enough to figure out without it. It definitely looks quite effective done in the self striping yarn.

Crochenit Cot Blanket
Another change of colour. I figure half a dozen rows of this colour then half a dozen of another and I will be ready to work on the border.

Tommy Turtle
The bottom half of the body is done and now I'm working on the top half. There is a bit more shaping in the top half as it needs to bulge.

Baby's Jacket, Pants and Hat set
Since I finished a jumper I figured I would start on another. This one is going to be somewhat smaller than the one I just finished and will have pants and hat to match.

Toddler's Jacket - Zoom by Ellen Gormley
The second sleeve is getting longer. Not much to go now before I call this one finished and start another.

Alien Guy
 The body is pretty much finished now except for the stuffing, and I've started on the head. The instructions for the head are a little vague and I have no idea if I'm doing it right. There just seem to be too many increases early. I thought the same of the feet when I was doing them so maybe the head will work out right.

AustralianaV2 - designed by me.
The next couple of pictures have been started. The one on the left is a Brolga. The one on the right is another of the state floral emblems. I probably should look them up just so I know what they are but I'm just not feeling very motivated to do so.

Woolen Baby Blanket - Square 51 from "99 Granny Squares to Crochet"
Another square finished. At the current rate I could have this one finished by this time next year. I think I'm going to have to step it up if I want to put this in the show at the end of October. I kinda need it finished before we head off to the UK in July.

That's all of my WIPs. If you want to see any more, just check out the links in the sidebar.

Richard.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely blog with beautiful creations !
    Thanks for your visit.
    Have a nice day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is looking great as usual. The Tunisian Spiral is very neat; it will be fun to see it develop.

    If the alien's head comes out looking strange, just say, eh, he's an alien, anyway! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love self-striping yarn, especially Zauberball.
    Granny square blanket, just one big one, is on my hook.

    ReplyDelete