Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saturday Shenanigans - 02.11.2013

Another week has passed since we got back from our holidays and moved into our new abode and not much has happened in the way of unpacking. We did a bit of tidying up around the unit this week to make sure it was reasonably presentable for our first inspection but that was about it.

The last two afternoons have been spent in the Craft Hall at the showgrounds as we volunteered for security duty. We generally just sit there with a project or two doing a bit of knitting or crochet and chat with anyone that takes an interest in the crocheted or knitted items on display and do a bit of bragging at the same time. I don't really have to do much bragging when Sue is with me as she does it for me. Sitting in the Craft Hall has given me a bit of extra crochet time this week so there has been a bit of progress on a number of different projects.

I had a bit of a look at my to-do list this evening to see if there was anything that could be taken off and anything that needed to be added and found at least one item that I hadn't touched since coming home. Here is what my to-do list looks like at the moment.

Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Bottle Cosies in more team colours
2 String bags
Teapot Cosies
bag holders
Koala
Small Bunny
Robot
Wine Glass Socks

Current Work In Progress:

Crochenit Cot Blanket (trying a method for doing rows that are longer than the hook)
Toddlers Jacket
AustralianaV2
Trauma Teddies
Tunisian Spiral Blanket
Hanging Towels
Baby's Jacket, Pants and Hat Ensemble
Dragon
Santa Stockings
Christmas Trees
Box Stitch Baby Blanket – taken over from Sue

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Crochenit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Crocheted Slocks
Something in Tunisian Crochet Lace (I'm thinking of modifying Ellen's Jacket pattern by substituting a lace stitch in the main body of the pattern)
Something from Ellen's new book.
A doily from an old pattern book I bought.
Banner for Stall
Table Runners for each Australian state and territory (currently trying to design the ACT one).
Tunisian Crochet Intarsia Table Runner

Dinosaurs (bought the patterns from PlanetJune)

I haven't done any hanging towels since I got home and I have a market next week so I probably should get cracking. I might concentrate on Christmas Towels now since it's only a month and a half away. I also intend to start doing a Trauma Teddy each week until I'm told to stop. It seems there are only a couple of us making them which is a bit of a pity as I'm sure there are others in our church that could help.

I think that's enough for this week. I hope you all had a good one.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment