Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wednesday WIPs - 15.04.2015

This has been another week where I haven't worked on as many projects as I would have liked. This is partly because I have been concentrating on the Man Bag and partly because of what happened while we were visiting my sister, her husband, my cousin and her husband. I did take some projects with me but ended up doing something else which you will find out about on Friday.

So, after all that has happened, I only worked on two WIPs this week and here they are.

I decided that, since I had finished one knit project, I should start another. I had been intrigued by double knitting and thought I would give it a try.

Double Knit Butterfly Square
If I'm doing this right, on one side a white butterfly will appear on a variegated background while on the other a variegated butterfly will appear on a white background. This first one is looking a little rough and I have already made at least one mistake but I am making progress and it does look like it is working the way it should. I plan on making enough squares to make a blanket but I'm not sure how big that blanket is going to be. I might stop at pram size.

The only other item that I have worked on this week that I haven't finished is the man bag.

Man Bag
I'm not sure that the 's' actually looks like an 's' but that's what it looks like on the pattern I'm using so I guess it will have to do. I could have used a different font but I quite like this one for the most part and I couldn't find that many that were an appropriate height.

Sue has decided that she should show off the progress she has been making on one of her bags so gave it to me this afternoon so that I could get a photo, so here it is..

Sue Second Tablet Carry Bag
I think that the tartan effect looks quite good. Sue seems to think that she hasn't allowed enough mesh for the gusset but she thinks she has a way to fix it. We will see haw that works out when she comes to it.

That's it for the WIPs this week. Be sure to check back on Friday to see what I have finished. In the meantime, check out the links in the sidebar toe see what other people have been making.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment