Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WIP Wednesday 01/06/2011

I have had another busy week with hooks and pointy sticks. I think every project I have going had some work done on it.

Crochetknit Blanket
The first ten patches are now complete. The pattern calls for 12 but I think that will be too small so I might just keep going until I can make it a decent size.

"Two for the road" Scarf
I'm almost back to where I was before I frogged most of it. The pattern calls for 3 repeats of the different stitches but I'm going to keep going until I'm just about out of wool.

A mauve bootie
This is the first of a pair that will go with the jacket (finished last week) and bonnet (almost finished). I have done this a little different as I noticed something as I was making the robot last week. When working in rounds, only using the back loop of double crochet (US single crochet) the seam stays straight whereas the normal method is tends to slope causing the bootie to twist a bit. I think I'm going to have to use this method on all my booties from now on.

A mauve bonnet
Just need to be stitched up and have the ribbon added. I should be able to get this done before Friday. It's a pity I don't have a head to display it on.

Knitted Beanie
Another inch and I will be onto the shaping section.

Toddlers Jacket
I'm starting to think that I should have bought a longer cable for this hook. I still have 2 more increase rows to do and there isn't much room left on this one.

Tunisian Crochet Mitred Square Blanket
Another 2 squares where added to this this week. I should be started the second panel later this week.

Rose Clan Dress Tartan Rug
Still a lot of work to be done on this before it starts looking like a tartan but I think I may not have enough red to finish it. I'm almost finished the first ball of red and I'm just over half way through making the mesh.

I have been working on some hand towels (the first of many items on my to-do list for the market stall) but didn't take any photos of them today as I'm saving them for FO Friday.

See you on Friday

1 comment:

  1. I love the croknit Blanket you are making lovely colours.
    Always wanted to make a tartan rug, I have the book but....... One day .....
    I like yours by the way..
    hope your day is a warm and crafty one :))

    ReplyDelete