Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Mayhem - Preparing for Holidays

We're currently in the last four weeks of preparations for our first and only overseas holiday. On top of that, as part of our preparations, we're also preparing to vacate our current residence. The logic is that it is cheaper to hire storage space for the 12 weeks we're going to be away than it is to rent a property that is going to be vacant except for our property.

For those that are interested (and even if you aren't), we will be touring around the UK and Ireland. We're both interested in steam trains and castles. We'll be visiting our ancestral home up in Scotland, catching a few shows (include the Edinburgh Military Tattoo), trying to find the place I was born and trying to catch up with some of my relatives (most of them are in England).

Up until this week I have been trying to keep up with all my crochet projects. I did stop one of them last week as there didn't seem to be any point in stock piling Trauma Teddies to give away when we got back.

Now we're getting serious about packing everything up and moving it all into storage. Some of the stash has already gone (I've kept some out for travel projects), so there won't be any new projects started over the next few weeks except those that I already picked out yarn for. The rest of the stash will be packed up over the next couple of weeks so that we can use the cupboard to store things out of the way.

There is still a lot to do, but most of itinerary is organised and paid for and soon we will be able to select our seats for the return trip. I don't know how much blogging I will be doing over the next few weeks. I plan on doing my usual Wednesday WIPs and Friday FOs (if I have any) this week but I may not be posting much at all after that. I will try to get some posts up while we're away, show off the photos of where we've been and tell you where we're going, but I'm not promising anything.

That's where I'm at today.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment