Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 11

I have been trying to think about what I was going to blog tonight in order to keep up with doing a blog everyday for a month. I don't have any tips that come readily to mind so I can't really do a "Tip Tuesday" post and I have got that round tuit organised on the tutorial I was going to do (I'm sure someone else has already done it anyway), so what do I have to say that worth saying?

I thought about calling it "Tantrum Tuesday" and having a rant about things that irritate me but I don't really think you want to read about that.

This afternoon while I was being massaged (I go every 6 weeks) I was thinking about what I am going to do for next year's show. I have entered a couple of rugs in this year and they will be judged around about the 27th and go on display on the 28th through to the 30th. I'm not sure that my offerings this year are up to the standards that I set a few year ago in Canberra, but I figured that I might as well have a go and see what happens.

My plans for future show entries include filet crochet table runners featuring the different states and territories of Australia. I made one a few years ago that covered the whole country but now I want to do 8 more. I have also been thinking of doing one that shows Albury/Wodonga's unique features making a total of 9 table runners to design and make. Since I'm not allowed to put more than 2 items in any category I should have plenty of time to make all 9.

Another technique I want to try is intarsia and I have a couple of Christian themed banners that I'm going to try to make (once I get the design sorted out) and I would also like to make a banner for the stall. I thought about doing that in filet also but that would require some sort of backing to hi-light it whereas intarsia wouldn't.

Since there are also separate categories for children's clothing and woollen articles I could also put something in in one those (I'm already making myself a woollen jumper so that could be entered).

So many ideas and a whole year to implement them. Anybody else want to chip in with some idea or do you think I have enough?

Richard.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that would certainly be enough for *me*, but I'm not sure it's enough for *you*. =) I want to try double knitting; I have the pattern and the yarn all picked out...now I just need to find the time!!

    ReplyDelete