Saturday, May 12, 2012

The week that was 12.05.2012

Another week has finished and it's time to look back on what is my life.

Another week of college has passed and I've been learning about using Photoshop to design a  site layout, looking at good and bad website designs, how to design forms in Access, continuing to learn about Active Script in Flash, installing a Wordpress server and writing the documentation for the website that I've written. I even had one day this week where I was the only student. I'm still not sure how valuable what I'm learning about Access is. I'm hardly likely to use it as a web designer as the preferred database management tool is mysql, and we've already learnt about html forms in web class so the whole exercise just seem somewhat pointless.

Outside of college I've been doing the usual crafting, banding, shopping and all the other usual stuff. One thing I forgot to mention last week was that I've been roped into joining a singing group at the community centre where I teach crochet, so now I'm a member of Mirumbeena Melody Makers.

On another note, I've been reading a lot about the new Blogger and how people are having trouble doing things in the new interface and I thought I would put in my $0.02. I quite like it, I did have a few problems finding my way around at first, but now that I've used it for a couple of weeks it seems pretty good to me. One thing I do like is seeing how many people have visited my pages when I go to check for comments. While I like getting all the comments it's still nice to see how many people have visited my blog. It kinda lets me know that I'm not sitting here talking to myself.

The next thing I really need to do is to find a way to put up some more links. I would like to add a link to my shop and to some affiliates but so far I haven't been particularly successful but I having trouble finding the time. I guess that's what happens when you take up full time study. I also need to do another revue of my to-do list to see how I'm travelling. There's so much I would like to do but having the time and trying to figure what I'm going to do next is a bit of a problem.

That's it for this week, hope you all had a good one.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment