Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday WIPs - 22.01.2014

For those of those that missed me last week, Sue and I were away from home and I was unable to take photos and post the status of all my WIPs. I wasn't sure that I would be posting tonight because of illness. I was having trouble standing up this morning and generally not feeling well.

In any case, here is the status of all my WIPs this week.

Tunisian Spiral Blanket
A little progress has been made here.

Knooked Beanie
Almost finished the ribbing on this one.

Box Stitch Baby Blanket
 The rows are definitely getting shorter.

Fish
On the last section of the body but I'm having trouble keeping the strands of yarn from tangling. I guess that's what happens when you use 3 colours on one project.

Baby's Jacket Pants and Hat Set
A few more rows have been added to the pants.

AustralianaV2 - designed by me.
I'm making good progress on this.

Tunisian Lace Wrap
I'm not sure why I started this at this time of year. It's really too hot to work on anything this big, but I bought the yarn on special ($2/100gm for wool blend was too good to pass up) and was itching to see how it would come out. The pattern calls for worsted weight and this seems to be about sport weight but I think this will still look OK when it's done.

Cotton Doily
I'm not sure about the thickness of this cotton. When I bought it (£5 at Luton Market) I thought it might be #10 (U.S. bed weight) but closer examination made me think might be #20 but the way it's working up it may even be #40. In any case, I'm sure I will get a lot of doilies out of this cone.

That's it for my WIPs. I'm not sure how much progress I will be able to make of the larger items before next Wednesday as we are expecting more hot weather. It was in the 40s last week, low 30s this week but getting back to 40 next week.

In the meantime, Sue has made some progress on one of her WIPs.


Knitted Magic Square Blanket in Pink
As usual, check out the links in the sidebar to see what others have been making and I will be back on Friday to show my finished object for this week.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment