Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

It has been a busy 2 weeks since I last did a weekly update. Sue and I travelled up to Dubbo on Christmas Eve to stay with her brother and his wife and two fur children (dogs).

While I was there I managed to get a little done on the Salvation Army blanket that I doing (more on that on Wednesday), paint most of a cabin that my brother-in-law was erecting in the back yard and get sunburned (I really should have worn a hat).

We were a little worried about how we were going to get home as there was quite a heavy downpour just after Christmas and there were reports of flooding on the two main roads we would normally choose between, but everything cleared up and the flooding subsided (unlike what we have seen on the news about the state of things up in Queensland) and all we saw were some rather large lakes that wouldn't normally be there.

Now it is time to make plans for the new year. Some of the to-do list I posted a while back has been completed but there is quite a bit yet to be done. My to-do list, in order of priority, now looks something like the following:-

Booties to go with the bonnet and jacket recently finished
Sunhats to replace the ones sold a couple of months ago (I still have the booties to go with them).
Hanging towels - just the plain ones at the moment as I have plenty of the others done for now.
Beanies in footy team colours - I just need to find out what colours the local teams play in but I suspect that they are the same as the AFL teams.

Stubby holders - I figure I will make these in footy teams colours also.
The Salvation Army blanket - about 20 rows of the crest to go before I start on the border, it will be much easier once I'm only working in one colour.
Tartan rug #1 - it can wait until the weather cools.

I think most of this stuff is on hold until the weather cools as it is far too hot to even think about knitting or crocheting. I'm sure there will be opportunities (chiro and doctor's waiting rooms are usually air conditioned) and i hope we get to have some craft group meetings down at the church (which is also air conditioned). Failing that I might have to go down to K2TOG to see if the owner would like a bit of company for a while (she has a lovely area at the back of the shop where people can sit and work).

Wishing you all a prosperous and blessed year.

Richard.

3 comments:

  1. And a blessed Newyear to you :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a very wonderful 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Richard!

    Thank you very much for stopping by on Sewing Daisies and for recommending the Tunisian crochet book. I have now ordered it off Amazon along with "Learn to do Tunisian Lace stitches".

    I can't wait to give it a try :-)

    Have a fantastic week!

    xxHeidi

    ReplyDelete