Saturday, February 5, 2011

The week that was 05-02-11

This week has been quite busy with visits to the chiro and doctor giving me a chance to a bit more crochet.

We've also had a mixed bag with the weather, hot and dry for the first part and warm and wet for the second. In some way I prefer the warm and wet but it can turn hot and humid fairly quickly.

I have finally managed to open my Artfire shop. I only have a few items listed as yet but I'll keep adding more as time permits. You can find it at http://www.artfire.com/users/RosesCrafts. I'm not sure if my prices are suitable or if I'm setting them too high  or too low but I figured that that's what I would like to get for my hard work. It's more than I'm likely to get at craft markets.

Thinking about craft markets, I have found a list of markets within about an hour from home and have started to contact the people in charge to organise a site so hopefully I'll be able to sell something a nd make a little extra cash. I'm not sure what I'll do if something I'm selling on Artfire sells at the markets and online. Guess I will just have to get busy and make a replacement as quickly as possible to send to the online purchaser. I should be able to make a new crocheted item withing a few days but knitted items generally take me longer.

I'm still looking for other items to make. I'm starting on beanies and bottle/can holders in footy team colours but I'm not sure about taking items in team colours of one area to a market in another area. Might get a little interesting.

That's it for this  week. If anyone is interested, my price for custom made items is $15/hour plus materials. :)

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment