Saturday, February 19, 2011

The week that was 19-02-11

This week I have been busy making drink bottle cosies for today's market. Not that there was a lot of point in making these as this morning's market was a bit of a washout. I did manage to sell 4 hanging towels before the main part of the rain hit us, so it wasn't a complete waist of time.

Yesterday morning Sue and I went to the local community centre to meet up with the ladies that I may be teaching later this year. The guy that is currently teaching crochet wants to take a bit of time off so he asked me if I could take over. I had only met him once at the previous Thurgoona Markets and he asked me about this as soon as he heard I was a crocheter. He also put me onto some other people who a re looking for someone to teach Butan refugees, so it looks like I have a bit of work ahead of me.

The sun came out this afternoon and I was able to dry out the gazebo after this morning rain but the stock still needs airing. Hopefully we will have some fine weather this week.

This morning's sales didn't have any effect on my to-do list as I have plenty of towels in stock. This means that I will be able to concentrate on the frog pouch, turtle and angel for next week. The frog is almost finished already as I spent time on it this afternoon. It just need fronts leg, a tongue and some flies and it will be ready for market. If all goes well I should have those items complete before wednesday so will need find something else for the rest of the week.

Next Saturday I will be in Benalla. I do hope the weather will be kinder.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment