Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Spittin' Image

The reading today came from 1 John 3:1-6.

Most people have seen the picture of dogs that look like their owners (or is that the other way around). If you haven't, have a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=642qxehEcGg

I think we have all heard how much children resemble their parents. I have often been told that if I went back to the town where I was born I wouldn't need to tell people my name to be given directions to my relative homes. I have also experienced the odd feeling the I was looking at my father's face when looking in the mirror (although dad tells me that I take after mum's family). We can't avoid being like our parents. Our likeness to our parents shows our relationship.

John applies the same principle with our relationship with God. People should be able to tell that we have a relationship with God just by observing us. We are children of God if we accept Jesus Christ.


Gos loved us so much that he sent his son to die for us and then adopted us as His children. God's love is unconditional, it doesn't depend on our performance but that shouldn't stop us from doing act of love.

The challenge this week is to do something to show the love of God.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment