Saturday, May 28, 2011

The week that was 28/05/2011

This week has been another busy one, culminating in a very profitable day at the markets, but more on that later.

We started this week with housework. We had to clean everything before our inspection on Tuesday, which we passed. I'm not sure if it was flying colours, but it was acceptable.

Tuesday afternoon I took Sue down to the chiro and managed to add a bit to my "2 for the road" scarf. I'm not back to where I was before yet but I'm making progress. On the way home I dropped in to my LYS to enter my tea cosy in their competition. They had a knitting group on (like they have every tuesday afternoon) and one of the ladies asked when I would be joining them. I will have to see if I can convince Sue.

Wednesday I was back at the gym and Sue was in the pool where she met one of the ladies from the teusday knitting group and she was asked the same question so we may be joining them soon. We had our own craft group in the afternoon anyway so one more day would mean we would be out 2 days one week and 3 the next doing our knitting and crochet.

Thursday I participated in Ellen Gormley's virtual book launch party and came out a winner. I won a copy of her new book, so soon I will have a load of new patterns to try out.

Friday we were back at crochet/knitting class, and while Sue didn't have anyone to teach she got Bruce (the guy I will be taking over from next term) to teach her his different way of using a stitch that she learnt from another friend some time ago.

This morning we were up before dawn so the we could drive the 120km to Benalla for the monthly market and we had a great day. Apart from the lady coming to pick up her order, which was worth $120, we sold $105 dollars worth of stuff. As a result of this I have had to review my to-do list.

I have split my to-do list up into three sections now and it looks something like this:-

Things to make to replace stock for my market stall:

Hanging towels
Large Jug Covers
Medium Jug Covers
Fan Bookmarks
Large Cross Bookmarks (I didn't sell any today but discovered that I only had one left)
Small Toy

Current Work In Progress:

Rose Clan Dress Tartan Rug
Tunisian Crochet Blanket
Crochetknit Blanket
2 for the road Scarf
Bonnet (to go with the jacket I finished this week)
Knitted Beanie
Toddlers Jacket

Things I'm itching to get started on:

Booties (to go with the bonnet and jacket)
Jumper (sweater to you Americans) for me
Doily in #40 cotton
Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth (for tutorial I want to write)
Crochetknit Cot Blanket (I want to try a method for doing rows that are longer than the hook)
Crochetknit Knee Rug (same as Cot Blanket and will also use up some of my stash of 8ply)
Something from my "99 Granny Squares" book (if I can find it)
Something in Tunisian Crochet Lace (I'm thinking of modifying Ellen's Jacket pattern by substituting a lace stitch in the main body of the pattern)
Something from Ellen's new book (when it arrives).

I think that that's plenty to keep me busy for a while although I always hope that the next market will add something to that first section.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment