Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Week That Was 30-07-2011

This week has been a bit of an up and down affair. On the upside, Sue came out of hospital on Tuesday and was doing quite well. On the downside, she was testing out some exercise equipment on Thursday and something in her right leg went SNAP and left her with pain in the quad. She went to hospital and had it x-rayed but it looks like the only damage was ligaments, tendons or muscle.

A few weeks ago I started experiencing some discomfort in my left shoulder which I put down to the amount of crochet and knitting I was doing while visiting Sue in hospital. I had already arranged to see my massage therapist so I figured I would let her have a go at it before doing anything else. On Sunday morning the problem escalated into outright PAIN and I have been unable to get it comfortable ever since. I visited the chiro on Monday and got everything adjusted but that didn't seem to help so it was off to the doctor. He sent me off for an ultra sound and I'm now waiting on the results. I do hope my next visit includes a script for painkillers as I'm having trouble sleeping at night.

I have still managed to do a bit of crochet and knitting in spite of the pain. I finished off the toddlers jacket and the crochenit blanket, started on my hoodie and a panda, made a robot and set aside the yarn for my next crochenit blanket which I plan on making in long rows with white and whatever colours I have in my stash that I think need using up.

I think that's enough for this week.

Richard.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you both not in the best of health at the moment. I hope this week will bring you some good news :))

    ReplyDelete