Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Week That Was 31-03-2012

And Theme-a-licious:March Madness update

Another busy week comes to a close and today also marks the end of March Madness.

I'll start by looking back on the week just finished.

College this week saw us start on Access and we learnt how to set up a database, how to link tables, how to set up queries and how to set up reports. Next week we will have an assessment to see how much we've actually managed to absorb. We also finished up learning how to use Photoshop and next term we get to learn how to use it to design web pages, but in the meantime we still need to complete a few projects and hand them in. I think we've also completed the major part of learning how to use Flash so I guess next term will concentrate more on the animation side of things. In hardware class we started to to look at web servers and how to configure them. Web class was just more of the same, work on our websites, keep our blogs up to date as well as our Facebook and Linkedin profiles. I wonder how many people can say they get to spend time on Facebook as part of their education or work.

I didn't have any markets this week but I have a couple lined up for the Easter weekend. One of those is an evening market which could be interesting as the weather has been cooling down quite a bit lately. I had better take a jacket.

And now for March Madness. Here are almost all the projects I have worked on during March, starting with the WIPs.

Daffodil Teacloth

Tommy Turtle

Men's Afghan Stitch Gloves
 This is the left glove, the right having been completed earlier in the month.

Second Sleeve of Hoodie (Dawg by Drew Emborsky)

Crochenit Cot Blanket

Slanted Scarf

Toddler's Jacket (Zoom by Ellen Gormley)
 I also started 2 more projects today but didn't take any photos of them. They are another blanket using a design that I've stuck in my head for a while (it will be interesting if I can actually figure out how to make it) and a pair of booties to go with the sunhat I completed this week.

Now for the completed objects.

Wine Glass Socks
Pale Yellow Teapot Cosy with Flowers and Butterfly
Pink Teapot Cosy with Leaves

Pink Booties
Baby's Sunhat

Next month is April Amazons where we are supposed to work on our largest projects so it might be time to bring out the Tartan Blanket again although the Daffodil Teacloth and the new blanket I've started probably qualify also.

I hope you all had a good week.

Richard.

4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    You got a lot done. Love those tea pot cozies. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2012/03/theme-licious-march-madness-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a marvellous job, Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always blown away by how much you can get done in a month!! Love that pink teapot cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore both of your teapot cozies.

    ReplyDelete