Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wednesday WIPs - 11.06.2014

This week has been a bit up and down for me. Some days I was crocheting away quite well, others it seemed that I had lost my mojo. It didn't help that we had a house inspection today so have had to spend some time cleaning up the place to make at least semi-presentable. As a result, a couple of items missed out on getting any attention.

Here are the items that did get worked on and remain WIPs.

Handkerchief Border
Just one more side then it will be time to sew in the ends, block and iron and it will be ready to hand back to the activities group to be included in their next raffle.

Woollen Baby Blanket - Motifs from Ellen Gormley's Book
I have a small dilemma with this. I started on a new ball of cream for the outer rounds and it is noticeably different to the previous. It doesn't look it in this photo and I didn't notice it when I was sewing the new octagons into place but it is very noticeable when out in the daylight. I have to decide whether to continue, undo and replace the old cream with the new or something different. I might pull it apart then intersperse the older cream throughout the blanket which will save me having to redo the outer rounds. Whatever I do, it's going to mean a lot of work.

Knooked Scarf
Just like knitted projects, progress on this is quite slow, and the extended crossed knit stitches aren't speeding things up, if anything, they're slowing me down, but I will get there in the end.

Toddler's Jacket - Zoom by Ellen Gormley
I didn't make the 8 rows this week, I think I managed just 6.

Matinee Jacket
Just one more sleeve then sew it all together. I might have this done for next week so long as my mojo hangs around.

Tunisian Lace Wrap
I have had a couple of sessions on this one with doctors visits and x-rays and ultrasound for Sue's sore shoulder. Still have a bit to do before it's long enough.

That's it for the WIPs this week. The tartan rug and the rabbit will have to be first off the rank for next week. Check back on Friday for my usual FOs and check out the links in the sidebar in the mean time.

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment