Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wednesday WIPs - 18.06.2014

I have had another week where I have struggled to concentrate on my projects. As a result, two of my WIPs didn't get worked on, two others that should have been finished this week aren't and one of my other projects didn't get worked on so FO Friday is going to be a bit light on for photos this week.

Anyhow, most of my projects have been worked on so here are my WIPs for this week.

Woollen Baby Blanket
I pulled this one apart and started again. The plan is to scatter the motifs with the different yarn throughout the blanket to try and make them less obvious and kinda make it look like it was done on purpose.

Knooked Scarf
We had a knitting party at our local Spotlight store and this is the project that I took with me. A few people were somewhat intrigued with the fact that I was using a crochet hook to achieve a knitted fabric.

Small Bunny
This is one of those projects that should have been finished this week but all I did was to crochet the other ear parts, sew up the main body and start stuffing it. I need to finish stuffing, sew up the ears and sew them on, crochet the tail and sew it into place and embroider the facial features. I should be able to do that over the weekend.

Matinee Jacket
This is the other project that should have been finished by now and all I did this week was to crochet the second sleeve. I will have to see if I can find time to sew this one together over the weekend.

Murray of Athol Tartan Rug
I finished making the mesh and now I'm onto weaving in the chains. It should start looking like a tartan soon.

Tunisian Lace Wrap
Another couple of stints in waiting rooms has seen this grow a little more. I'm not sure where I will take it next. Maybe to the Knit in Public Day event that one of the local business people has organised.

That's all my WIPs for this week. Be sure to check back on Friday to see what I have finished but don't expect to be surprised by it. In the mean time, check out the links in the sidebar to see what everyone else has been making.

Richard.

2 comments:

  1. I like all of your projects. I especially like the knooked scarf. I have to admit that crochet is my favorite yarn medium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so busy!! Can't wait to see the bunny finished :-)

    ReplyDelete