Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wednesday WIPs - 18.03.2015

I have been getting quite forgetful lately. I forgot to post my FOs on Friday, so you will get a double dose this Friday (if I remember), and I forgot to take photos of the WIPs this afternoon and ended up taking them with the flash this evening. Can anybody get me a memory upgrade?

Here are this week's WIPs.

Woollen Baby Blanket - motifs from Ellen Gormley's book
I managed to get some octagons made and attached in between trying to teach a little old lady how to add to a granny square blanket.

Boy's Rugby Jumper
I finished the second sleeve. Now all I need to do is sew all the pieces together, crochet the collar and sew on the zip.

Knitted Scarf
I have had a bit of trouble with the yarn getting tangled so I started on a new ball but I didn't match up the colour repeats very well. I don't think it will make much difference to the final product but I still have quite a bit of the first ball to sort out. Just to make life a little more difficult, it's a mohair/wool/acrylic blend.

Shy Butterfly Baby Jacket
The body is now done and it's time to work on the sleeves. The first sleeve is worked inside out for some reason but who am I to question the designer.

Koala - designed by Planetjune
The legs are now done. I just need to make the ears and nose, sew it all together and embroider the eyes and it will be ready for sale. I ould really like to spend more time making toys but there are so many other things that I need to make.

Trauma Teddy
I don't normally show the makings of my Trauma Teddies but the person that I give these to has requested that I give her one flat. She sews a label onto the bears and wants to see if it's any easier this way.

That's it for the WIPs this week. I will try and remember to post my FOs on Friday but I can't promise anything. In the meantime, check out the links in the sidebar to see what other people have been making.

Richard.

5 comments:

  1. I found your blog on Moogly and P to P fiber arts party. Such pretty work, and you have a nice blog. Stop by mine someday, its all about crochet. I have a spring wreath and a crochet wallet linked up. Come visit me at Crochet A Day In The Life. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Crystal
    http://krystlewv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome wips! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bunch of WIPs. I especially like the baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice variety of WIPS. I myself have almost too many going around, and forget to post on my progress. Oops. We're only human.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Yarn Fanatic Linky Party!
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com
    #29: http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2015/03/yarn-fanatic-linky-party-29.html

    ReplyDelete