Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Colourful Turtles

I was once told that I wouldn't sell any toy priced over $30. This large turtle proved that wrong!


The first day that he appeared on the stall, a friend rolled up in her wheel chair and asked for 2 to be made special, one with a pink shell and the other with a blue shell, and gave me a couple of months to make them. Since I had a $40 price tag on this one I couldn't refuse :).


They each took just over a month to make, and that was while I was still working full time.

The first one I made only lasted anther week on the table before it was sold, so there are people out there willing to pay good money for this sort of thing.

1 comment:

  1. I am pleased to know that, as ppl don't want to pay for crochet....I am sure they don't realise the time that is involved in making these items. I love the colourful turtles :)) There are some great free patterns on the net :))

    ReplyDelete