Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Knitted Baby's Jacket


I thought it was time to feature another of my wife's creations.

This jacket is one of her favourite patterns as it is done in one piece, knitted side to side, casting on stitches at the start of each sleeve then casting them off again once the sleeve is complete.

The cuffs and neck  are achieved by only knitting the full row every second time (3rd and 4th rows).

The picot edging is crocheted on when the knitting is complete.


This is one knitted pattern that I think even I could do, although my knitting is nowhere near as neat as my wife's.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favourite patterns too. I like the fabric that is created by garter stitch but you need to keep your wits about you when knitting the short rows. Your wife has done well. That colour looks lovely on a new born.

    ReplyDelete