Monday, October 11, 2010

A Hexagonal Tablecloth

This was one of my bigger projects and took 11 years to complete.






I will admit that I didn't work on this full time because, not only did I have a day job, I also started 2 other big projects at the same time. This is the only one that was completed. The work that I had done for a crocheted blanket has been passed on to someone else to turn into knee rugs for needy people and a latch hook rug is still waiting to be completed.

This tablecloth is my own design and features roses and butterflies with hearts in the border and is in 20 cotton. The outer rows were taking upwards of 6 hours to complete, but I generally only worked on it for one hour at a time.

I often use this tablecloth as an example of my work, showing it off to every new craft group that I join (usually my wife tells everybody about it then they insist on seeing it) and caused quite a stir when I first took it as the group weren't expecting a guy to join them, let alone one that could do such fine work.

When I started the tablecloth I didn't need glasses, but, since finishing it, I now need glasses for all close work.

No comments:

Post a Comment