Monday, November 29, 2010

Hanging Towels

These are always a good seller and I have made many. Here are just a small sample.

These are actually terry towelling tea towel, but they work quite well as hand towels, although the material is a bit thin. If you look closely, you will see that one of these isn't done in standard crochet. I've been experimenting with tricot.







I generally try to match the colour of the top with some part of the towel and I think some look better than others.

At this time of year I bring out the Christmas towels.






I will be doing some more of these shortly as I have a market coming up in a few weeks.

And then there are the plain hand towels. These are thicker and more suitable for some purposes. I generally try to have a few darker towels as there are some people that like to have these for greasy or oily hands since they don't show the stains like paler towels would.






I think the effect of tricot with variegated cotton is quite good.

I have also been experimenting with different coloured cottons in tricot. You can have up to 3 different cottons on the same project. I don't have any photos of those at the moment but I'll try to take some before I sell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment