Saturday, November 27, 2010

The week that was #6

Sue and I started something new this week, and exercise program. Sue joined Aqua Movers and I started a gym program. So far Sue has only attended one session, electing to stay home yesterday but I have been twice. It's early days yet, so I don't think there have been any noticeable results other than a few extra aches.

I have been busy cutting towels in half and crocheting tops on them this week. Progress has been a little slower than I would have like but I am making quite a few of the tops in tricot, and that takes a bit longer than normal crochet.

I now have 3 weeks to prepare for my next market outing. I was informed at a nearby LYS that a church not far from where I live is have a market day, and they don't mind if you don't have your own insurance, they just charge an extra $5 so that you're covered under their insurance, which suits me just fine. One day I may take out the necessary insurance but it doesn't seem economical. Last I heard, people pay upwards of $300, and I barely sell that much in a year.

The to-do list is still pretty much the same as last week, although I missed a couple of items in last week's list, and I think some of the priorities need to be changed.

The current list of projects in order of priority are :-

Towel tops - need to do some Christmas towels for the next market as well as recover stock levels after the last market.

Tea Cosies - I only have 2 in stock and 2 naked tea pots so I had better try and get some of these done.

Arm rest covers for Sue - I have the first ready to sew in the ends and about one third of the second made.

Tartan Rug (Rose Hunting) - the mesh is complete but I have a lot of chains to make and weave in.

Teddy Bear - the next toy for the market.

Baby clothes - I have a few in stock but it would hurt to have a few more.

Beanies and scarves - I don't think I need these until about March-April next year as it's too hot for them at this time of year.

If I get through all these then there are still Sue's UFOs to look at and a number of new items that I'm thinking of making like tissue box covers, kids novelty hats (got a pattern for a frog and a dragon) and several toys (I have a few new patterns and a few that I would to do again).

Of course, whatever I sell at the next market will need to be replaced so that will change my priorities again.

I think I have enough there to keep me busy for a few weeksmonths.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be busy.. Congrats on the exercise program,, I think we all neeed to do that :))

    ReplyDelete